Health Benefits of Oregano in Our Body
Oregano is a herb that use for cooking and in medicine. It can treat cancer, diabetes and osteoporosis. It is good source of calcium for bone growth and density, production of blood. It also has the ability to fight infection, radicals and antioxidants. It has Vitamins A, C, E, B6 and K as well as fiber, iron, magnesium, folate, potassium and calcium.
It is good to add oregano in our daily cooking to reduce the amount of toxic compounds by cooking process.
Aside from what mentioned above, here are some benefits of oregano in our body that you should know.
1. Antibacterial and Antifungal
Oregano has carvacol and thymol that are powerful antimicrobial properties.
Oregano has beta-caryophyllin that treat the ailments such as osteoporosis and arteriosclerosis.
Oregano has rosmarinic acid that is a strong antioxidant and a good support for immune system.
4. Help to fight cancer
Oregano has phytochemical that has an anti-cancer property in breast, prostate, leukemia, skin and colon cancers.
5. It can treat athlete’s foot or nail fungus
6. Treat sinus infections and colds
7. It can treat skin ailments such as dandruff and acne
8. Can help to treat heart conditions, intestinal parasites and menstrual cramps
9. Fatigue, sore throat, headaches and even earache
10. It can also treat cold sores